Wow...what an honor to find out from my dear blogging friend Allie from The Inspired Momma nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. How very sweet of her~Thank you so much Allie. Allie is a new blogger, like myself. She has a wonderful blog~Please go check her blog out.
The instructions for this award is that I'm suppose to tell you 7 things about myself. So here goes:
- The number one thing to know is that I'm a True Chocoholic! I eat at least one piece of chocolate every day. My favorite is dark chocolate, I don't really care for the milk chocolate flavor. At the moment I have stashed in my kitchen 60 pounds of Ghirardelli chocolate chips. The store had them on sale and I just couldn't help myself. Yes, even my daughter thought I was a bit crazy for getting so many.
- I've been married for 23 years and have 4 wonderful children. We were told we would never have children but after a couple of surgeries and the help of fertility drugs we proved the doctors wrong.
- I'm a procrastinating perfectionist, I can have the best of intentions of getting something done but it takes me a bit of time to getting whatever the task is accomplished because I want it to be just perfect. This is a habit that's not a good one to have, I must say.
- I hardly ever watch T.V. I don't get into all the soap operas out there but I was a very loyal All My Children fan. I never missed a show in at least 20+ years. If I wasn't home to watch AMC, I would always tape it, that is until TiVo came along and I could record at least 70 shows before taking the time to watch them. Now that was fun. I thought I would go through major withdrawal when the show went off the air but I've managed to go on.
- My main phobia are spiders. I just can't stand the thought of one being anywhere close to me. I've always had a fear that a spider would jump long distances just to get on me. My husband laughs and tells me there aren't any jumping spiders~but I know differently.
- I home school my children. We are in our 13th year. I had my husband build a school house for us after our first year of schooling. That way all of the books, computers, learning material etc have a place all their own. It also helps to not have interruptions while the kids are studying. I love our school house and think it was a very wise investment. (Plus one day, when the kids are finished with their eduction it will be my craft room~I'm looking forward to that!)
- My favorite seasons are Spring and Summer. I stay outdoors as much as I can during that time. I love to garden but don't like to touch dirt. I always wear gloves no matter what when working outside. There is no telling how many pairs of gloves I go through in a year.
Now you know a little more about me. I hope I've not scared anyone away. :0)
The rules if you choose to accept this award are:
1. Grab the Versatile Blogger Award button.
2. Thank the person that nominated you.
3. Include a link back to their blog.
4. Share 7 things about yourself.
5. Pass along the love~Nominate 15 of your favorite blogs.
6. Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog so that they know that you awarded them.
7. In the same post include this set of rules.
Here are the 15 great blogging ladies that I'm nominating for this award in no particular order:
Wendy from Her-Ballistic Garden
Linda and Carol from Two Succulent Sisters
Sharon from Mrs. Hines Class
Helen from Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Debbie from Refresh Restyle
Linda from It all Started with Paint (already won the award so picking another great blogger)
Debbie from Debbiedoo's
Peggy from PJH Designs
Connie from Hot Flash n Craft`n
Connie from Crafty Home Cottage
Aimee from It's Overflowing
Kim from Savvy Southern Style
Carolyn from Carolyn's Homework
D from The Shady Porch
Jane from Cottage at the Crossroads
Claire from A Little Something in the meantime
I love to visit each and every blog listed above for great crafts, recipes and encouragement. Please take the time to visit them when you can, I know that each one would love to have you come by. There are many more that I visit but couldn't list them all.
From the Heart,